Just Clowning Around – Flip & Turn CardJust Clowning Around – Flip & Turn Card
How to make this “Just Clowning Around” – Flip & Turn Card using the Cricut Explore. What you will need:
• Cricut Explore
• Layer cut outs (downloaded from this page – or make your own).
• Scissor or Fringe Scissors
• Adhesive tape
• 2 pennies
• 1 Zot Dots
• 1 7/16 inch double sided foam adhesive circle
• IVORY card stock
• Green card stock
• White card stock
• Clouds – Image Set: Crocs Rule in the Cricut Design Space.
•Clown image cut out.
The instructions below tell you how to cut all the pieces needed to make the Just Clowning Around flip and turn card manually as well as with the Cricut Explore.
1. Cut the IVORY card stock to 8 X 10½. Score in the middle to make the main part of the card.
2 .Cut the WHITE card stock to 7½ x 4¾. This can be done using the Layers png download in my post.
3. Cut a 6 x ½ rectangle, centered horizontally and vertically on the WHITE card stock layer. If you are using the Layers png from this post this will occur automatically on the Cricut Explore when you cut the WHITE card stock in Step 2.
4. Cut the GREEN card stock to 7 x 4¼. This can be done on the Cricut Explore using the Layers png downloaded from this post.
5. Cut a 6 x ½ rectangle, centered horizontally and vertically on the GREEN card stock layer. If you are using the Layers png from this post this will occur automatically on the Cricut Explore when you cut the GREEN card stock in Step 4.
6. For the grass- Cut 2 pieces of GREEN card stock. 7 x ¾ and 7 x ½.
7. Using scissors or fringe scissors to fringe one side of both “grass” pieces and set aside.
8. For the BACKGROUND LAYER – Cut 1 piece of GREEN card stock to 6 x 2 and set aside.
9. Cut out and print “Just Clowning Around” on the clouds from the Cricut Design Space. This is also a good time to ink the edges of the clouds. The clouds can also be cut by hand and stamped or printed using your printer.
TO ASSEMBLE: Adhere the GREEN layer (7 x 4¼) to the WHITE layer (7½ x 4¾) ensuring that the cut outs match. Add double sided sticky tape to the back and set aside. Adhere the BACKGROUND layer to the IVORY card stock, centering it, on the IVORY card stock. You want to ensure that the BACKGROUND layer is directly under the cut outs of the GREEN and WHITE layers. Adhere double sided foam circle to one of the two pennies. Adhere Zot Dot to the other side of the penny with the foam circle. Attach the clown to the Zot Dot and set aside. Adhere the GREEN grass strip (7 x ¾ ) card stock to the bottom of the GREEN portion of the GREEN and WHITE layer. Adhere the smaller GREEN grass strip (7 x ½ ) on top of the larger GREEN grass strip. Adhere the clouds to the top of the GREEN and WHITE layer. Inset the double sided stick foam circle through the rectangle cut out of the GREEN and WHITE layer and remove the back from the backing from the foam circle. Add the second penny to the foam circle and ensure that the clown “flips and turns” freely. Fluff the grass strips and remove the backing from the foam sticky tape on the back of the GREEN and WHITE layered piece and adhere to the IVORY stock card. Done!!!