Recently one of my viewers wrote to me and suggested that I should gently remove the Cricut Adapter and then I would be able to use my other Cricut markers. This was a great suggestion, but I found that I was still limited in my choice of markers and pens.
With the markers, I now had to use a marker with a larger circumference or put the Cricut adapter back in.
With the pens, I now had to figure out a way of making the circumference of the pen as large as the markers or put the Cricut adapter back in…. ugh.
After a bit more research I found a site that had just released marker and pen adapters for the Cricut Explore. I ordered both the adapters (from www.amychomas.com) and now I have a GIGANTIC choice of pens and markers that I can use!
Here is my tested list:
- Cricut Markers
- Crayola Markers
- Cra-Z-Art Classic Markers
- Recollections Signature Especial – Masterpiece II Markers – All colors
- Recollections Signature Especial – Bold Brush
- Recollections Signature Especial – .07 tip
- Recollections Signature Especial – Extra Fine Writer
- Recollections Signature Especial – Medium
- Foray Style Mark Pens
- Sharpie permanent (marker and pen)
- American Craft – Glitter markers
- American Craft – Galaxy Marker – White
- Gelly Roll – Metallic
- Pilot Precise V Extra Fine Point
- Paper mate pens
- Pentel R.S.V.P. – Medium and Fine tip
- Pencils – not recommended since the tip does not stay sharp so the writing diminishes while using
- Fibracolor – Acid Free -100 pack markers
- Michaels no brand name markers ($4.00 in the scrapbooking section of the store)
The list is endless, but I have tested the above markers and pens and know they will work.
Please email me your list of markers and pens that you know work with the Cricut Explore and I would gladly add them to the list!